cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OliHarford

Processing thorough a Sharepoint List and handling multiselect fields

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help with the below!

I have a flow whereby I am working through a sharepoint list of contracts which have an expiry date and then potentially one or more internal representatives.

The issue I am having is that when process a particular list item I confirm if an expiring email is required however I want to send this reminder to the internal representative(s). However because this is multi select it is trying to put this into an apply to each which then fails due to a datatype mismatch.

I have tried to resolve this making use of variables and data compose actions but I am hitting an error still, the error I have currently is:

"The 'from' property value in the 'select' action inputs is of type 'Object'. The value must be an array."

OliHarford_0-1645191108260.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChadVKealey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can use a Select action to simplify the "array of objects" to a one-dimensional array of just the email addresses. If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, it's similar to what's demonstrated here: https://youtu.be/fjYNT0EgzAU

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChadVKealey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can use a Select action to simplify the "array of objects" to a one-dimensional array of just the email addresses. If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, it's similar to what's demonstrated here: https://youtu.be/fjYNT0EgzAU

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,753)