cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Project Online create a task

Hi,

I created a Flow with a Project online source and yammer destination. But nothing happens.

I used the template "When a Task is created" but nothing triggers. When I go to Activities I can only see "Skipped".

When I create new tasks in Project Online Nothing happens in Flow.

Am I missing something? I've tried with "New Project" and get similar results.

I haven't been able to create a single Flow with Project Online.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Project Online create a task

Hi Moliveira,

When the “Post message to Yammer” action is skipped, what error message occurred? Could you provide a screenshot of the error message? Please also make sure that you created proper connections to Project Online and Yammer.

If you created your flow using this template, you just need to fill the Root site url of your Project site in “when a new project is created” trigger, then fill the mandate fields in the “Post to Yammer” action. Please try again to create a flow using this template. The link of the template is:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/6313401070e011e68adfab08098108c3/post-in...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello Mabel,

Thank you for your response.

I created when which is "When a Project is Published"

For that one I get the following error: in the Project Task.

• { "Date": "Thu, 08 Sep 2016 09:47:39 GMT", "Server": "Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0", "Content-Length": "111", "Content-Type": "application/json" }
  • Body
    { "statusCode": 500, "message": "Internal server error", "activityId": "b7242ec7-0b60-485a-b3af-ee7f06af693d" }

I created another one for "when a Task is created" and I get no errors at all. It simply says "Skipped" in the Runs View.

I've tried the template you sent me and I get no errors at all. It simply says Skipped in the Runs View.

I have even tried different URLs. I'm trying something like this https://[prefix].sharepoint.com/sites/pwa

Best regards,

Miguel Oliveira

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Moliveira,

Do you Project Online work well and could you create projects and tasks on your Project Online?

It seems that the issue was coming from Project Online, if you still get the issue with Project Online, I would suggest you send a feedback by using the smile icon in flow.

smile icon flow.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Mabel, thank you for helping out.

Everything is working fine in Project Online, we can publish projects with no issue.

I have noticed something curious. In a recipe with "When a Project is published" I have the following log:

- Skipped - 44 minutos Ago

- Skipped - 45 minutos Ago

- Failed - 46 minutos Ago

- Skipped - 47 minutos Ago

This Failed is something I didn't noticed before. I believe that Flow is not picking the trigger of a published project right away and that may have misled me. 

I went to other recipes I had and noticed the following. I have two types of failures.

1 - Bad Request:

Message Http request failed: the timeout was reached. Site URL http://prefix.sharepoint.com/sites.pwa

2 -  Site URL http://prefix.sharepoint.com/sites.pwa 

Output

• Headers
    { "Date": "Wed, 21 Sep 2016 08:00:38 GMT", "Server": "Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0", "Content-Length": "111", "Content-Type": "application/json" }
  • Body
    { "statusCode": 500, "message": "Internal server error", "activityId": "101b1751-48a3-4292-973e-167290c4e4b8" }

Now I'm more confused why I started getting theses errors without doing anything.

I did as you suggested and used the smile icon to send feedback.

Best regards,

Miguel Oliveira

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm experienging a similar issue trying to catch a Project Online task created. The worklow is not triggered at all. Checks log shows skipped runs but I don't think that has anything to do with actual runs. I have submitted feedback via Flow smile icon.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having the same issue.

Project Crewted should send an email and the event just shows "Xkipped".

We are considering using Flow for a new client project, is there znyway to get support for Flow while it ix still in preview.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I send a frown and feedback from Flow site but never got a response unfortunately.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Moliveira,

Please try to open a support ticket about this issue by gong here to see if you could get a response from support team:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thx Mabel but unfortunatelly the Office 365 support area does not have an area for Flow. Do you know if it is under any of the other products (Calendar,Dynamics 365, Online Colaboration)? I've searched but can't seem to find it.

Best regards,

Miguel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,661)