cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elzool
Frequent Visitor

Provide blank field at Outlook Approvals that can be filled out and passed on to another step

Being at this for a month, I have searched, but am probably asking a question posed before.

The approval process for these will go to Outlook.

1. Is this a new feature or a bug?
  2. If New Feature, then Yes
  3. If Yes, then Start and Wait for Stakeholder approval
  4. Apply to each Stakeholder response - Responses
  5. Was it approved by stakeholders?
  6. If Approved Yes, then Start and wait for an approval from CRM Team
  7. Create a Feature in DevOps

This works as it should, but what I would like to do, is at step 6 when it goes to the approval process from CRM Team, is to provide the recipient a new field to fill in. Since the content coming from the stakeholders won't contain a valid Title for use in DevOps, I'd like to provide a blank Title field the recipient could fill in, submit and then approve. This way, when it goes to DevOps, I can insert all of the initial content as appropriate, but also a valid Title in DevOps.

Having just written all of that out, would I just be able to use the comments field for my Title... is it really that simple and I've overthought this?

Be gentle, I'm still learning. 🙂

Thank you!

flowcap.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jronash
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You are correct that comments will be the only way for your approvers to send information back to you.  You can't add other fields for them. 

The way you have your flow set up right now, the "Start and wait for an approval from CRM team" is going to run every time that Apply to each block loops.  And since it's looping over the approvers from the Stakeholders, this means that if you have 5 stakeholders, it will create 5 approvals for the CRM team.  If you only want it to create a single approval, you'll have to move that outside of the Apply to Each block.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jronash
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You are correct that comments will be the only way for your approvers to send information back to you.  You can't add other fields for them. 

The way you have your flow set up right now, the "Start and wait for an approval from CRM team" is going to run every time that Apply to each block loops.  And since it's looping over the approvers from the Stakeholders, this means that if you have 5 stakeholders, it will create 5 approvals for the CRM team.  If you only want it to create a single approval, you'll have to move that outside of the Apply to Each block.

elzool
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much for the feedback.

So far the comments are working as I need them and I appreciate the confirmation.

In regards to the stakeholder approval, I see what you mean and guess I got lucky that the way I set it up is the way I actually want it to run. Dumb luck at that for me.  

Thanks so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,714)