Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karldenton
Helper II
Helper II

Purchase Order

Hi,

We use paper purchase orders. I was wondering if there is a way to use Power Automate so the order gets sent for approval and then onto the finance team.

I normally use Forms to trigger a flow, but it can't add up the row lines for us of the different items to purchase.

Is this something I could do with PowerApps then add the results into either Excel or sharepoint list ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Hi @karldenton yes this can be done still using your form but saving that to a SharePoint list via Power Automate, sending that for approval, and when approved updating the SharePoint list with the approval status and that the items are to be ordered. Something along the following lines:

• Forms trigger: When a new response is submitted.
  • Forms action: Get response details
  • SharePoint action: Create item
  • Start and Wait for approval
  • SharePoint action: update item (Outcome, Completion date, Approver Display Name), set status column to "To be ordered"
  • Send email with details of the order, approval and current status.

Let me know if you need more details.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Thanks Rob. How could you implement the items though as there may be, for example 10x highlighter pens at 50p each, 1 x glue stick etc

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,105)