cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Push Notification: Check receipient can receive

Hello,

I´m currently using Push Notifications with my developer account.

Some people in my company got stock O365 accounts, some Plan1 or also developer accounts.

Is it possible to check if the receipient is able to receive notifications?

Currently the whole Flow abort due to an error, if only one receipient got a simple O365 account.

Have a nice weekend!

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Thomas,

Are you creating a flow to send you an email notification?

While you are getting an error message. Could you show me more details about the error message?

Per my certain understanding, I think as long as you have a subscription of Flow, you will be able to get the notification, no matter which plan you are using.

Please check this doc for a reference:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Mabel,

thanks for your response!

I am sending push notifications, not email notifications.

It seems that I receive an error, accidently having people from outside of the company in the receipients list.

Which is okay for me! Added an array filter to our conmpanies domain and the error did not appear again.

(And the appearance is several days ago, that I cannot take a look into the exact message, anymore)

But: Now I don´t know if the push notification will ever reach the receipient.

Example: Two receipients (A - Developer Account, B - stock O365 Account)

The receipientlist contains A; B.

Flow runs sucessfully.

A gets the notification on his phone

B doesnt.

It would be helpful to identify that and maybe send an email as a fallback.

Like:

• Check if user plan supports Push
  • Check if Push was sent sucessful

then send an email instead of a push notification

Hi Thomas,

Could you show me a screenshot of your flow to help reproduce this issue on my side?

And please try to add only B’s email address in the recipient list to see if he will be able to get the notification.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Currently it is not possible to reproduce this issue.

Whatever I do, I receive:

Fehler bei der Anforderung: Too many child clauses specified in search filter expression containing 'OR' operators: 13. Max allowed: 10.. Die Nachverfolgungs-ID lautet "1bf6d0c8-d14c-43a1-960a-7069e466b494".

3 Recipients, small message, two Parameters.

Nothing which gets me close to 13 of something Smiley Sad

@v-yamao-msft, it did not change its behaviour.

Als long as  I am the only receipient, it works. If not, I still receive the message, mentioned above:

{
  "error": {
    "code": "GraphRequestFailed",
    "message": "Fehler bei der Anforderung: Too many child clauses specified in search filter expression containing 'OR' operators: 17. Max allowed: 10.. Die Nachverfolgungs-ID lautet \"fb24fd4b-76be-498f-853b-6dff12898ed4\"."
  }
}

From my humble opinion, it seems that it is caused by the recipient itself, not the amount (which are 4 recipients in my test-case).

3 participants only have a simple O365 account, 1 (me) got the enhanced one, with notifications.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (9,462)