Frequent Visitor

Push data into 'Create new Record' from an Array

Hi there 

I have an array , which i am appending to in an 'Apply to each' 

and they come out like this : 

JasonHoffo_0-1603801633439.png

So each one has a different Step number 

And once the array has been built 

I want to push the data into a 'Create new record' for my back end CDS., as you can see on the entity, I have a field called Step Number - so i want to push each array append into the corresponding fields in the CDS Connector. 

JasonHoffo_1-1603801796921.png

So if the array has Step = 1.2 , then i want to push the date into the field from the array. 

Any help would be awesome as I banging my head with Array queries which do seem to do the job. 

thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Sumen
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

arr1.PNGarr2.PNG

You can loop your array inside a "Apply to each". Then inside the condition, filter it based on the "StepNumber" and if its true, you can pass the value to the CDS field. Repeat this "Apply to each" step for all your "StepNumber". Just replace the condition with 1.2,1.3 etc. Hope the variable code helps and ignore the value i'm passing to the Item ID on Update a Record, its for demo purpose only 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,082)