Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Query: Limitation on Updating Opportunity Status Reason

Hi all,

Quick query - is there a limitation on flows so that they will not be able to update the Status Reason on the Opportunity?

My flow is functioning well to update a field on the opportunity (triggered by another field on the opportunity being updated), but if I set the Update Record to Status/Status Reason, I get a Bad Request.  

The flow works fine if it is for any other field to be updated, but the Status & Status Reason create the Bad Request.  Is there a limitation with updating these fields?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Tarjani 

There seems to be certain limitations on that. If you intend to close the opportunity, you need to get the opportunity record first and then add another create record action to point to the Opportunity Close Activity entity and then reference the Opportunity ID over there and provide the appropriate status reasons. You can follow this thread here for more details: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Unable-to-close-opportunity-as-WON-LOST-using-flo... 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Tarjani 

There seems to be certain limitations on that. If you intend to close the opportunity, you need to get the opportunity record first and then add another create record action to point to the Opportunity Close Activity entity and then reference the Opportunity ID over there and provide the appropriate status reasons. You can follow this thread here for more details: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Unable-to-close-opportunity-as-WON-LOST-using-flo... 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @yashag2255 ,

This sounds like what we ended up doing.  Just before finishing our day yesterday we ended the flow by doing a Create Record step, and pointed this towards the Opportunity Close Activity with reference to the OpportunityId - as per screen shot below.

Thanks for your reply - it's nice to hear someone else working with the same steps

Create Opportunity Close Activity.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (15,979)