cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about emails coming from microsoft@powerapps.com

Hey guys

Just wondering if someone can help me understand how the emails that are sent from microsoft@powerapps.com are generated?

For some reason it looks like the mail protection service in our organization is flagging the links contained in emails that get generated by the Power Automate email that are sent.

Looking at the properties of the email it looks like the properties of the email it looks like the from address is being suffixed by something called sendgrid, so it resembles something like username=tenantname.com@sendgrid.net.

Just wondering whether this seems normal? Is sendgrid at all related to the delivery of emails coming from power automate?

Many thanks,

Sameegh

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @Anonymous 

I had this happen to me around December. I was getting the emails from that address every 30 seconds at a certain time per day.

I spoke to the Support team about this. They had said my email somehow got into a Test DL by Microsoft. The issue is now gone. I no longer get these emails. 

if this is a concern to you. I would suggest creating a ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, that's pretty interesting.

Thank you for the insight @Jcook , appreciate the speedy response :]

I think your suggestion sounds like a plan, I'll proceed to log a ticket with MS.

Hi,

Just wanted to add some clarification to this - the 'Send an Email V3' notification uses SendGrid to mail and spoofs teh address microsoft@powerapps.com within the Header From.

If your email software is heavy-handed and looks very strictly at the Envelope From vs Header From on mails, then the discrepancy between Envelope from somereallylongbouncebackmailaddress.sendgrid.net and microsoft.powerapps.com will be flagged as potential spam/spoofing.

According to the documentation page, they cannot enable SPF auth currently:
"Notification emails may be treated by your email service as forging and unsafe, because SPF authentication is disabled. Due to security reasons we can't enable SPF now. If email verification is mandatory we recommend use regular email connectors: Outlook, Gmail, SMTP, etc."

What I have done to test as a workaround is to alter our mail interceptor and permit all mails sent with Header From microsoft@powerapps.com and have bypassed anti-spam checks from that header address.
You should be able to do similar to enable the mails to not get caught in the interim until SPF-auth is resolved by Microsoft.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (46,926)