Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerdevkris
Helper I
Helper I

Question on deploying flows with environment variables

Hi,

Quite new on deploying flows from one environment to another. I have read on articles that it is a good practice that you remove the values under the environment variables before deploying. For every deployment that i have to export the solution. Should i follow the steps below?

1. Remove the environment variable values

2. Export the solution

3. Enter the environment variable values again for my dev flow to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

No,

As I mentioned before, you don't delete the variables.

You just need to ensure that you remove this before exporting.

SudeepGhatakNZ_0-1670358941433.png

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@powerdevkris ,

You need not delete environment variables. You just need to ensure that they don't have default values saved.

Once your solution is imported into your new environment, you can provide environment-specific values to your variables.

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.
SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@powerdevkris ,

You need not delete environment variables. You just need to ensure that they don't have current values saved.

Once your solution is imported into your new environment, you can provide environment-specific values to your variables.

The entire process is explained in details here.

Solutions in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn

Thanks @SudeepGhatakNZ 

Does this mean I have to delete my environment variable values in DEV  every time i need to deploy? Then once exported. Update my environment variables again in DEV?

SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

No,

As I mentioned before, you don't delete the variables.

You just need to ensure that you remove this before exporting.

SudeepGhatakNZ_0-1670358941433.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,006)