cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anja1

Questions about connection owner and authenticated user

I am currently searching for the truth about connections. I want to find out what connections are used in Power Automate flows. This is not only about my own flows, but about the management of the whole environment. I want to see who created the connections and which user is currently authenticated. It is quite possible that a connection was created by account A and is authenticated with account B, even if this is not the normal case.

The screenshot shows my two SharePoint connections.

• The first one is connected to my own account.
  • The second one was created from my account but is authenticated with another account.

SP Connection with different account.PNG

In the flow the second connection is used (authenticated with account SP2). The check mark next to the SP2 email address clearly shows with which account the connection is currently authenticated. So far so good.

the truth about connections 1.PNG

Now I come to the first problem, the connection overview of the flow unfortunately does not show the same. My account (anja) is still displayed here. The information which account is authenticated is not displayed here.

the truth about connections 2.PNG

With the Flow Management Connector I have all my connections displayed as JSON. Here I can see my connections as well as my flows in which the connections are used. The connection shows my own account as "createdBy" and the second account (SP2) as "accountName". (Remember the connection was authenticated with SP2.)

List my connections Action.PNG

sharePoint connection - connected with different account.PNG

Now comes my second problem: how can I retrieve the information about connections for the whole environment? Unfortunately, the Power Automate Management connector does not offer this feature. Is there an API that can list all connections for me? Or where I can get the connection information based on the connection id?

Thank you for your support. It would be great if someone has more information for me about Power Automate connections.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (22,370)