Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CFE
Level: Powered On

Questions for custom authorization and HTTP action charset

Hello,

I would like to ask you two questions:

1) I'm trying to build a custom connector for enterprise usage and I would like to use custom Basic Authorization like FreshDesk or Act! so that a user has to enter username, password and one more parameter like Account Url for FreshDesk in order to create a connection. How can i do that? Custom Connector's wizard only allows me to have two parameters, username and password. Also, where can i find documentation for OpenAPI extensions for Flow like "x-ms-capabilities" ? I noticed that when creating a new Freshdesk connection, a request is made to GetAgents operationId that is declared as value to property "testConnection" of "x-ms-capabilities" in Freshdesk's swagger.

2) I have built an action that makes a POST request and it's response contains greek characters. When I test this action in custom connector works fine, but when I use it in Flow, I get an error about failing to convert in Unicode. Response's content type charset is windows-1253. Should I modify that it returns charset UTF-8?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Questions for custom authorization and HTTP action charset

Hi @CFE,

For your first question, if you want to customize additional parameters to create a connection to your custom connector based on Basic Authorization, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. 

More details about the OpenAPI extensions for Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

Extend an OpenAPI definition for a custom connector

For your second question, I think your thought is correct. The defullt charset of HTTP request is utf-8 within Microsoft Flow, please take a try to modify the charset of your Custom Connector into UTF-8. Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/custom-api-with-authentication/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CFE

Please @v-xida-msft try to make a new connection to Freshdesk, you are going to see the following window :

freshdesk connection.png

There, you can enter Account Url, Email or apikey (username) and password. How could they achieve that? I have seen their swagger and they use Basic Authentication 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @CFE,

Do you want to combine your Basic authentication with other authentication methods within your Custom connector?

The Freshdesk connector uses multiple authentication types, if you want to combine your Basic authentication with other authentication methods, please check the following article:

Use Multiple Authentication types

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CFE

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Thank you for your reply, I would like to ask you one more question :
Does flow support swagger (OpenApi) 3.0?

With regards,
cfe

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @CFE,

The Swagger 3.0 is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently, Microsoft Flow only support Swagger 2.0 currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

CFE

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I tried to use multiple authentication within my custom connector, for example Basic and ApiKey, but when I create connection, window only prompts to enter username and password without apiKey. Please give me an example how to use multiple authorization with microsoft flow

Thank you in advance,
cfe

ince
Level: Power Up

I have been trying to build a new custom connector. I want to add test connection to my custom connector. Authentication mechanism is API key.

There is documentation about it. But in the documentation, sample OpenAPI file doesn't contain test connection information. Also I don't understand where should I add "x-ms-capabilities" object in the swagger file.

Could you please help me with this?

I would be great if you provide a sample swagger file for this.

Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,490)