cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

RE: Exporting sharepoint list to html table

See flow below, the column 'contact details' is of rich text hyperlink type and it's displaying html code and the column 'means of contact' is of Choice type and it's displaying each choice with extra info: {"@odata.type":"# ......

How can I get it to display only the value?

I really just want to copy this sharepoint list and display the records in a table format with rows and columns in a pdf file.

Do I need to create html table first? I'm just trying to get one step working first.

Capture9.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @bren88 

You do not necessarily have to create an html table but it will be easier that way. What is the column type of the contact details column? If it is plain simple text it will not append the extra tags. But if it is different then based on the data type, the tags will be added. 

If you can share more details on the data type, we might be able to assist you better with this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi @yashag2255 

'Contact details' column is of enriched rich text format (contains URLs)

'Means of contact' is of type Choice (up to 5 choices)

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @bren88 

You might have to use the convert html action to convert the rich text of html type to plain text and populate the html table with it.

For the choices, it seems that is a multi select choice column and that again returns an array of selected items. So you will have initialize a string variable and then add an apply to each to the choices column and append to the string variable with the value of these choices. 

Basically, you have to initialize an array variable at first for the SP items and then a string variable for the choices. Add an apply to each to loop over each SP item and then add the html to text action and pass the rich text column here. Now add another apply to each and then iterate over the choices column and in this loop add the append to string variable action to append all the multiselect values. Outside this loop add an action to append to array variable and populate the array in json schema like: 

{

"Column Name"  : "Select value from dynamic selector",

"Rich text" : "select output of rich text action",

"Multi Choices" : "select variable from dynamic content"

}

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

@yashag2255 I'm new to Flow and not familiar with JSON syntax, are you able to give more details based on the current Flow:

Capture9.PNG

Highlighted

@yashag2255   just trying to convert 'Contact details' first but not sure where to use 'Html to text' ?

Can't see the output to use in Create Html table?

Capture10.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (9,756)