cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jefe_
Level: Powered On

RSS feed from sharepoint not working in flow

Hi there,

The following rss feed points to list on one of our sharepoint servers.

http://[domain]/[site]/_layouts/listfeed.aspx?List={10AD0EC3-ACF7-45B2-99AF-217368C5196D}

It works without problems in the browser and in the Outlook client.

When creating a step with in Flow "List all RSS feed items" the flow fails there. 

How can I get rss xml paths for a sharepoint list? I know that there is a sharepoint connector that would make my life easier, but unfortauntely that specific sharepoint is not yet migrated into our O365 tenant.

Cheers

Http status 400, bad request:

Failed to read requested feed because the content returned is not valid XML format. Details: The element with name 'html' and namespace '' is not an allowed feed format. clientRequestId: [some-client-id]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jefe_

Re: RSS feed from sharepoint not working in flow

Hi @v-yuazh-msft

I realise the error message is very specific and leaves little room for interpretation.

The feed url as mentioned in the above post, is NOT of type xml.

http://[domain]/[site]/_layouts/listfeed.aspx?List={10AD0EC3-ACF7-45B2-99AF-217368C5196D}

But nonetheless it was received from the sharepoint site itself (see screenshot below).

rss_feed.png

The funny thing is:

There are only Microsoft products involved here, I would have guessed they would work together seemlessly. In Outlook for example, I can add an RSS subscription without any problems, using that exact url. So the url itself should be legal.

I worked around the problem, using an Enterprise Data Gateway to access on-premises sharepoint servers not in our O365 tenant yet. Going this route, I was able to use the dedicated Sharepoint connectors which worked without an issue.

Kind regrads

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ bangorkeith,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

The error massage told that the content returned is not valid XML format,the element with name 'html' and namespace '' is not an allowed feed format,so the flow failed to read requested feed.

Please check if your content returned is valid XML format,make sure the element with name 'html' and namespace '' is an allowed feed format.

You could refer to link bleow to learn more about how to trouble shoting a flow failure:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/fix-flow-failures

Please let me know if your issue could be solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
jefe_

Hi @v-yuazh-msft

I realise the error message is very specific and leaves little room for interpretation.

The feed url as mentioned in the above post, is NOT of type xml.

But nonetheless it was received from the sharepoint site itself (see screenshot below).

rss_feed.png

The funny thing is:

There are only Microsoft products involved here, I would have guessed they would work together seemlessly. In Outlook for example, I can add an RSS subscription without any problems, using that exact url. So the url itself should be legal.

I worked around the problem, using an Enterprise Data Gateway to access on-premises sharepoint servers not in our O365 tenant yet. Going this route, I was able to use the dedicated Sharepoint connectors which worked without an issue.

Kind regrads

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,825)