cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uiit3155
Frequent Visitor

Raise task to a user in SharePoint from PowerAutomate flow

I am migrating SP2010 workflow to Power Automate and in SP2010 a task used to be assigned to a user for adding some inputs to request. those inputs we used to capture in workflow once task is completed by user and workflow resumes. How i can create a similar task using Power Automate so that it waits for user's inputs and then we can resume to flow from there only with user inputs once task is completed.

I can create a task in SharePoint list with flow but there is no intimation to user and by the user on task assignment and completion. Please assist.

2 REPLIES 2
ViditGholam
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @uiit3155 

What if you send a notification email using "Send Emails with options" Connection to the user and once he is done with entering his data he can response to the choices of the email which in turn will run the rest of your flow 

for example here look at a flow which I made.

ViditGholam_0-1621398039476.png

here I am creating a teams meeting and I am notifying the user using the connector I mentioned above.

here is my email.

ViditGholam_1-1621398105846.png

once the user clicks on the above button the control will go back to the flow and the steps after the send email will be triggered 

Let me know if that helps !

If this resolves your issue please mark this post as answered and hit me a thumps up.

Thanks and Regards,

Vidit

@ViditGholam Thanks Vidit,

i tried your approach but when a user is submitting a task with details and workflow is resuming once user selects an option in email, there is no way i can get the data submitted by user in task item because there might be many tasks in task list for same user hence i cant filter the item in Get items action which was submitted by user for this specific flow instance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (22,251)