cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
pauldj
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Folder Not Found 404 error

Issue now resolved with assistance of a Microsoft Support person.

 

The Cause IS a code change by Microsoft somewhere in Power Automate, this is an issue created by and caused by Microsoft.

 

I use the "Folder path" Dynamic code - this is what appears to have been changed, for me.

 

Created a COMPOSE action, with the following code (expression):

substring(outputs('Action_Name')?['body/{Path}'],0,sub(length(outputs('Action_Name')?['body/{Path}']),1))

 

This fixed the issue for now, but IF Microsoft make a change to revert back to the previous code - this will need to be removed.

For now - all is working again.

Very annoying of Microsoft to make these changes with no notice - this is unacceptable for any company, and is making the use of Power Apps, something to think seriously about 

8 REPLIES 8
Luka84
Helper V
Helper V

Totally agree with your statement and many thanks for your efforts to distribute this information accross the community. Kudos!!

pauldj
Advocate II
Advocate II

Spoiler
Folder Not Found Cause to be REVERTED by SharePoint Team

UPDATE - Microsoft have confirmed: "we confirmed that this issue is a regression from a recent code change. 

The Product Group team agreed to rollback this recent change to resolve the ongoing issue with the "Get Folder Metadata by Path"

 

They are unable to confirm when this will happen due to the refresh process of the SharePoint pipeline, but this is imminent so please do not follow the above.

 

The issue is with Get Folder Metadata by Path ONLY!

Mohandar
Frequent Visitor

My Flow was working as expected using Folder Path  but since last two weeks it was failing.

when I troubleshoot with run history noticed there is forward slash gets added at the end of the file identifier. 

using Compose I was able to remove the last char and use this flow again but when Microsoft make this correction we need to change this back again to the folder path.

following is the expression I used in my compose.

Substring(triggerOutputs()?['body/{Path}'],0,sub(length(triggerOutputs()?['body/{Path}']),1))
pauldj
Advocate II
Advocate II

Update: Microsoft reverted the code on Tuesday 24/08/21 and the result is that the fix above now doesn't work.

Sadly neither does the 'Folder path' Dynamic code. So now the flows are not working at all.....

 

No fix presently, Microsoft are working on something, i hope.

Hc_GU
New Member

I had the same issue but your substring method worked for me, Cheers!

pauldj
Advocate II
Advocate II

The latest from Microsoft Premier Support is that the SharePoint team are still working on this issue and currently have not fix to put in place. This is as of 30/08/20 via email.

I have a number of flows that are broken and have not worked for 3 weeks today - since Microsoft broke their own system!!! Very poor service.

pauldj
Advocate II
Advocate II

Microsoft have now reverted all changes and fix the associated code problems that followed.

All is now fixed, finally.

My flows are all working.

Thanks for the update! Working on my end too!

 

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,560)