cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoanneCKlein
Level: Power Up

Receiving 'Access Denied' when adding an action on a Microsoft Flow to insert a new item on SPO list

1. I've created a data connection to a SharePoint Online site. The current status of the connection is 'Connected'.
  2. I'm in the process of creating my first Microsoft Flow to read a tweet with specific text in it and, if found, insert an item into a list on the SharePoint Online site.
  3. When I try to add the action to create the item, I receive this message:

"Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource."

I am a global administrator on the tenant, I am also a Site Collection administrator on the site URL I enter.

Is there any other configuration I have to do in order to make this work?

8 REPLIES 8
Coen
Level: Powered On

Re: Receiving 'Access Denied' when adding an action on a Microsoft Flow to insert a new item on SPO

I ran into a similar problem a few days ago. What I did was deleted all browser content, and recreated the connection under connections. Had to leave for a bit after that, but when I tried to connect later again that day it worked. Perhaps that will fix it for you as well.

Power Automate Staff SameerCh
Power Automate Staff

Re: Receiving 'Access Denied' when adding an action on a Microsoft Flow to insert a new item on SPO

Sorry you hit this issue!

What happens is that sometimes the access token we use to access SPO on your behalf gets expired (and we run into issues renewing it).  If it happens consistently, do let know.

JoanneCKlein

I tried deleting/re-adding the connection.  I still get the same 'Access Denied' issue.

Power Automate Staff Sunay
Power Automate Staff

Hi, 

You can check the status of your connection by clicking on the Avatar menu>My connections, in the top right corner. 

Can you make sure that the status is "connected". If it isn't try updating the password by clicking on the Update Password text. 

scratch.PNG

EricProck

I am having the same issue. I created a new connection, and it appears to be fine.

I know this is an old thread, but are there any updates on a possible solution?

pictokiwi

I'm getting this issue:   Access to the environment 'Legacy-1e355c04-e0a4-42ed-8e2d-7351591f0ef1' is denied.

I think its a outlook connection issue.  

Does anyone have a solution?  I've cleared browsing data, and re-created connections but still getting error.

I'm trying to create the flow = if an email is flagged, then it creates a task in Asana.  I had this working a couple of weeks ago, but now it doesnt work.

Thanks

ahern1987

I've tried using your solution of refreshing the connections and we are still getting the  Access to the environment 'Strange set of numbers here' is denied.

NicolasG

Hello,
I'm having the same issue. I recreated all possible connections, but I still get an error.
Did anyone solve this ?

Best regards,
Nicolas

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,384)