cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Recepient of an email/approval/ etc. can no longer be defined via a variable

Since last week, the "send email" connector for Outlook 365 has become unusable for me and so have most of the flow that i have planned to implement.

What has changed? It is no longer possible for me to put a variable into the "to" or "CC" field. This means I can no longer send emails e.g. to the submitter of a MS Forms form or to persons within a Excel table. Now, i can just enter the email adresses manually during the design process. The popup window with the variable selection does no longer appear when i put the cursor in these fields.

Existing flows do still work, but every new flow prevents me from putting variables into the to-field. Is this intentionally? Is the idea to prevent data loss (i still can enter external email-adresses manually anyway)? Will this feature return as a premium connector (do not even dare Microsoft!)? Can the system admin change this behavior? Why is there no information about that change?

Btw., the same applies to approval connectors, appointments etc. too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Recepient of an email/approval/ etc. can no longer be defined via a variable

Hi @sachsie ,

You could switch to advanced mode if you want to use the dynamic content in the To field:

1.png2.png 

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Recepient of an email/approval/ etc. can no longer be defined via a variable

When insert a non company email into the To box click on the two small arrows to the boxes top right.  This gives you that capability to type or paste that email in.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sachsie ,

You could switch to advanced mode if you want to use the dynamic content in the To field:

1.png2.png 

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much, this solved my problem! 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (12,357)