Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PalakAgrawal
Level: Powered On

Recurrence in MS Flow

Hi All,

I am new to MS flows and trying to build a recurrence flow which needs to be triggered on basis on user input in D365 records. Can someone suggest me if we can take dynamic value for the recurrence pattern (Day,week,etc) and use in trigger. I can see it as a dropdown there.

Also, if we can use recurrence as an action then it might also help but I think we cannot use it as an action.

Any help would he appreciated.

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Recurrence in MS Flow

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

In this case, what you could do is, Create all the flows that you want on the recurrence schedules. (what i mean is Flow that should run on daily, weekly or monthly) and turn off the flow. 

Now create another flow and this will run when the crm record changes or the crm record is selected and in this you can use th flow management connector to turn on the specific flows. 

The child flows can be set to turn off once the actions within are executed. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

Can you please share more details on the scenario that you are trying to build? That way we might better understand the issue and help you with that. 

To your question on the recurrence trigger: The recurrence trigger works in a way where you set a schedule on which you want the flow to run (could be seconds, minutes, hours, days etc.). As this is a trigger, you cannot use it as an action. To keep iterating an action, you can trigger the flow on the schedule and add a do until loop or use an apply to each loop to achieve the outcome. 

For the dynamics based triggers on schedule: If you want to trigger the flow when a record changes (flow now supports tracking attribute changes on records too) you can use the Dynamics 365 or CDS connectors and check out the available triggers. 

Note that flow does not support using two triggers in a flow. So for the schedule part, you can trigger the flow on a schedule and list the records based on any filter conditions and perform the operations that you intend to. (Makes sense?)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

PalakAgrawal

Hi @yashag2255 ,

My requirement is to trigger a flow when user is selecting the schedule on crm record like daily,weekly,monthly etc.

Now as we can have only one trigger in flow, if I am trying to check the value of field on update trigger of crm record I am not able to add recurrence trigger again in the flow.

If I am trying to create parent child flows also (like parent flow will check value of field in crm record and child flow to schedule it as per the selection) then I cannot connect two flows without HTTP trigger. In this case also then I cant use recurrence as an acion.

Any other workaround if you might suggest to achieve this requirement?

Thanks.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

In this case, what you could do is, Create all the flows that you want on the recurrence schedules. (what i mean is Flow that should run on daily, weekly or monthly) and turn off the flow. 

Now create another flow and this will run when the crm record changes or the crm record is selected and in this you can use th flow management connector to turn on the specific flows. 

The child flows can be set to turn off once the actions within are executed. 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

PalakAgrawal

Hi @yashag2255 ,

It worked. Thank you for quick help.

Thanks,

Palak

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,809)