Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usarif
Resolver I
Resolver I

Recurrence never triggers

Folks,

Trying to run flow with Reucurrence every friday at 2:50 central time zone but it never initiate it. not sure if i am missing something. Any help, suggestion.

Recurrence_trigger.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

HI @usarif 

The start time could be completely blank in my opinion. The actual trigger is the at these hours and at these minutes and you will notice the grey box (Preview) update to reflect that it will run on friday at 2:50pm once you have supplied an hour and minute.  The start time is only if you want the trigger to start from a date in the future i.e. build a new flow and then start the trigger from next month.

For example, I built a flow a few minutes ago at 21:05 to run every minute and set the start date to be 2021-03-19T21:08:00Z.  The flow did not run at 21:06 or 21:07 but once the clock it 21:08 it started.  You only need a start time if you plan to run it from a date in the future.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @usarif 

I think start time is when it will start working from. I Think. So you could build it to start from 1st April for instance.

But what is missing is the at these hours and at these minutes. Your schedule is every Friday at no time.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

@DamoBird365 thanks for reply, btw very informative blog.

I thought start time has 14:50:00 there. so what do i need to do change for every friday CST at 2:50 pm trigger?

DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

HI @usarif 

The start time could be completely blank in my opinion. The actual trigger is the at these hours and at these minutes and you will notice the grey box (Preview) update to reflect that it will run on friday at 2:50pm once you have supplied an hour and minute.  The start time is only if you want the trigger to start from a date in the future i.e. build a new flow and then start the trigger from next month.

For example, I built a flow a few minutes ago at 21:05 to run every minute and set the start date to be 2021-03-19T21:08:00Z.  The flow did not run at 21:06 or 21:07 but once the clock it 21:08 it started.  You only need a start time if you plan to run it from a date in the future.

Cheers,
Damien

View solution in original post

Thank You, works perfectly fine now...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,031)