cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flowuser_2402
Level: Powered On

Regarding flow license

Hi,

We do have a Office 365 Tenant. We are planning to use Microsoft flow for our organization. So, if i want to create a flow, do I need to purchase any license (or) it is inclusive of Office 365 Tenant ?

Also, the account under which the flow runs, can be any normal account (or) should be Tenant admin ?

Currently it shows 9897 of 10000 licenses available. I dont understand what does it mean ? Means i can create 10000 flows max ?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Regarding flow license

Hi @Flowuser_2402 

Currently, you should get Flow included as part of your Office 365 licences. The current plans can be found here https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ with the details on Flow for Office 365 a little way down the page.

However... there are some changes coming soon (October) to the licencing which you may want to take a look at before you begin planning your Flows so you can be certain you are implementing them in the most efficient, cost effective way. The new changes can be found here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq

Regarding who the Flow should run under, I tend to recommend using an admin user of some kind if the Flow is business critical. This covers you against any issues should the user leave or change their licence etc.

Hope this helps.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Regarding flow license

Hi @Flowuser_2402 ,

You could purchase the corresponding license according to your needs, please check the MS Flow plan:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/billing-questions

If you have previously subscribed to the Office 365 plan, which includes the Flow for office 365 plan,  but some features may be limited. If you want to use the premium connector, you may need to subscribe to Flow plan1/Plan 2.

The Global admin can assign the corresponding permissions to members within the tenant.

In addition, regarding "9897 of 10000 licenses available", it indicates that there are 9987 Flow licenses in the current tenant that can be assigned to members in the tenant. This has nothing to do with Flow runs. Flow runs are related to the plan of the subscription. You can find more details in MS Flow Pricing.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,681)