cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RameshMukka
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Reminder email for every 14 days until status column changes to Closed

I have a flow where am using Do Until loop to check for the status column and send remainder every 14 days for the user to take action and stop the reminders when status = "Closed" . My problem is when the flow reaches one month old, the flow expires and stops sending emails. I read it as a limitation of a flow. How do I overcome or bypass that. I want to send continuous reminders every 14 days until status = closed. Is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alex_K
Regular Visitor

Maybe you can create a scheduled flow that run every day and check status of list items. You can add a hidden date column in your list ( last reminder ), and in your scheduled flow, you loop through each items and if status is not closed and last reminder date + 14 days < current date, you send a mail and you update last reminder with current date. If last reminder is blank it means that no reminder has been sent so you can use last update date of item instead.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Alex_K
Regular Visitor

Maybe you can create a scheduled flow that run every day and check status of list items. You can add a hidden date column in your list ( last reminder ), and in your scheduled flow, you loop through each items and if status is not closed and last reminder date + 14 days < current date, you send a mail and you update last reminder with current date. If last reminder is blank it means that no reminder has been sent so you can use last update date of item instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,954)