cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abd3127
Level 8

Reminder flow for Approval flow

Hello everyone

I am trying to implement a reminder flow which will remind me of the approvals that are still pending from my approval flow.

I have tried many things but couldnt find a way to do it.

are there any suggestions for this problem of mine

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Flow/Automating-Reminders-for-Approval-Flows/td-p/8...

This is the link from which i took the logic but it was not iterating again and again.Its iterating only once.

Please suggest some solutions..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Reminder flow for Approval flow

Hi @abd3127,

Please take a try with the following workaround:

One flow:

• Add a “When an item is created” trigger.
  • Add Variables-> “Initialize variable” action, Name set to Approval Provided, Type set to Boolean, Value set to false.
  • Add “Start an approval” action, then add “Set variable” ation, Name choose Approval Provided, Value set to true. Add “Update item” action, ApprovalStatus field set to Response content of “Start an approval” action.
  • Add a parallel branch-> “Condition”, left input box set to variable Approval Provided, right input box set to false, in middle drop down, choose is equal to. Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add “Update item 2” action, ApprovalStatus field set to Pending.

Image reference:10.JPG

Another flow:8.JPG

Within this flow, we get all items of SharePoint list and add a Condition to filter items whose value of ApprovalStatus field is Pending.

Note: If the value of ApprovalStatus field is Pending, it indicates that the approval is still not approved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @abd3127,

Do you want the flow remind you of all approvals from your Approval flow?

I think there is no way to achieve this within one flow currently, but you could consider take a try to create two separaetd flows:

One flow:

• Add Variables-> “Initialize variable” action, Name set to Approval Provided, Type set to Boolean, Value set to false.
  • Add “Start an approval” action, then add “Set variable” ation, Name choose Approval Provided, Value set to true. Add “Update item” action, ApprovalStatus field set to Response content of “Start an approval” action.
  • Add a parallel branch-> “Do Until”, left input box set to variable Approval Provided, right input box set to bool(‘true’), in middle drop down, choose is equal to. Within “Do Until”, add a “Delay” action, Count set to 3, Unit set to Day. Add “Update item 2” action, ApprovalStatus field set to Pending.

Note: ApprovalStatus field is a single line of text column without default values within my SharePoint list.

Image reference:7.JPG

Within this flow, we get all items of SharePoint list and add a Condition to filter items whose value of ApprovalStatus field is Pending.

Note: If the value of ApprovalStatus field is Pending, it indicates that the approval is still not approved.

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
abd3127
Level 8

@v-xida-msft

Hello,

I tried to do what u suggested in the post earlier also.

But the problem here is that in "Do until " we are comparing the values after 3 times in a day.right??

So when the status is pending ,do until will run for specific days and then it will perform theaction.

After completing the action it will end the flow.

I want the flow to run till the approval is given .

And do until will run atleast one time even if the condition is satisfied. 

abd3127
Level 8

Hello @v-xida-msft

I tried ur scenario as well.

In delay instead of Day i took minutes and When i ran the flow,i didnt approve my request.So as expected it wrote Pending in SP list.

After this i approved my request and then Status changed to Approved in SP list.

But "DO UNTIL"  was still running and at last it changed the status From "Accepted" to "Pending".

This will cause the problems as we dont  want to change the status even if we accepted the request.

Did u came across this situation in ur flow??? 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @abd3127,

Please take a try with the following workaround:

One flow:

• Add a parallel branch-> “Condition”, left input box set to variable Approval Provided, right input box set to false, in middle drop down, choose is equal to. Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add “Update item 2” action, ApprovalStatus field set to Pending.

Image reference:10.JPG

Note: If the value of ApprovalStatus field is Pending, it indicates that the approval is still not approved.

Best regards,

Kris

View solution in original post

abd3127
Level 8

Thanks @v-xida-msft

I can use the reminders this way.

Thnks for the suggestion Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,562)