cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aprildunnam
Level 10

Remove "Unsubscribe" Option from Flow Email

I'm sure this has been asked already but I'm having trouble finding an answer.  I have a flow that's sending an email.  In the email body is a hyperlink for the user to "unsubscribe" from flow notifications.  I do not want this to show at all in my email.  Is there a way to remove this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Remove "Unsubscribe" Option from Flow Email

Hi @aprildunnam,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

I suppose that you add the "Send an email notification" action of Mail connector within your flow, is it true?

I afraid that there is no way to remove the "Unsubscribe" Option from Flow Email in Microsoft Flow currently, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best reagrds,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aprildunnam,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

I suppose that you add the "Send an email notification" action of Mail connector within your flow, is it true?

I afraid that there is no way to remove the "Unsubscribe" Option from Flow Email in Microsoft Flow currently, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best reagrds,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

aprildunnam
Level 10

That's what I was afraid of.  Thank you for confirming that. I will be sure to request this feature on uservoice. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the off chance you'd still benefit from a workaround, if you leave an open ended tag with inline styling applied, it will affect everything after your content. Definitely not a perfect solution, but it does hide the unsubscribe link.

<div style="display:none;">

mlangford2
Level: Powered On

Brilliant!

Thanks for this work around.  It works great!  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

A word of caution though. I found that if someone replies or forwards the email, then the unsubscribe link can be seen again.

mlangford2

OK.  Thank you. I will keep that in mind.  I appreciate your response.

mlangford2

I know this is incredibly "hacky", and not ideal, but I found a way to prevent the unsubscribe message from displaying at the bottom of responses (at least visibly)

Just put this at the end if the notification. It uses your <div> but also sets the link and font colors to white so you can't see them in the email and changes the font size to 1 so it is now microscopic white text when replying.

Like I said, not ideal, but best I can come up with until they a feature added to exclude it.

<head>

<style type="text/css">

.div A:link {text-decoration: none; color: white;}

.div A:visited {text-decoration: none; color: white;}

.div A:active {text-decoration: none; color: white; }

.div A:hover {text-decoration: none; color: white;}

</style>

</head>

<div class="div" style="display:none; font-size:1; color:white;">

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that myself too, but opted against it as there's a (very) small chance that the user would inadvertently click it!

PMendes
Level: Power Up

Hello

i need to remove

If you want to unsubscribe from these emails, please use this form (https://aka.ms/flow-mail) .

so i've tried this way -> http://prntscr.com/lw4un1

i'm doing this right ???

Thanks

Paulo Mendes

mlangford2

You have a couple of extra lines in there, but it may work. Give it a try.  If not, just replace everything after your display text exactly with the below code:

<head>

<style type="text/css">

.div A:link {text-decoration: none; color: white;}

.div A:visited {text-decoration: none; color: white;}

.div A:active {text-decoration: none; color: white; }

.div A:hover {text-decoration: none; color: white;}

</style>

</head>

<div class="div" style="display:none; font-size:1; color:white;">

webbrewers

These are great hacks, but the unsubscribe link doesn't appear in the "send an email v2" template. I think I had to add the O365 Outlook connector to use it. Begs the question why the Msft documentation on this is so weak and why an option to disable after so many requests isn't provided.

Roberto_GJ

That's great! It worked in a plain text email, but I cannot get same result when sending an email that contains a table...

Do you know how can use same trick in this case?

Thanks

EgoSurge
Level: Power Up

In your flow use the action "Send an email (V2)" instead of "Send an email notification (V3)". I believe that the html rich text capabilities are the same for both actions, thus inserting formatted tables should not be a problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,427)