cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove the DATE CREATED option from the email message !

I have connected my Flow with a SharePoint site, added a 'Start Approval' step after 'When an item is created' action and everything works perfect including the mailing and approval part. However, the email which is sent for Approval or Rejection consists of an unnecessary label 'DATE CREATED' with its time value in GMT.

How to remove/delete this 'DATE CREATED' option from the email body ? If deletion is not posssible, can we hide it from the email body; or can we have the GMT converted into the Local time ?

I have attached the email screenshot for reference. 

Thanks for help in advance !

Please help me ! I'm drowning :(Please help me ! I'm drowning 😞

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to remove/delete the 'Date Created' option within your approval email sent via the "Start an approval" action?

Further, do you want to convert the GMT time into your local time?

If you want to remove/delete the 'Date Created' option within your approval email sent via the "Start an approval" action, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. 

In addition, when working datetimes in Microsoft Flow, the datetimes would be converted into a Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) (or GMT) automatically. If you want to convert the GMT time within your Approval email into your Local time, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like above features to be added into Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, as a alternative solution, you could take a try to add a "Send email with options" action of Office 365 Outlook connector within your flow to send the Approval email. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:7.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:8.JPG

More details about the "Send email with options" action of Office 365 Outlook connector, please check the following blog:

https://syscloudpro.com/2018/02/08/microsoft-flow-approval-email-send-with-options/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kris,

Thanks for taking out the time to reply on this post and providing an alternative to the same. I tried your way of sending emails; one initial concern is the 'Email Body is appearing twice', which isn't looking good at all (Your previous screesnhot also shows the same).

Can we get rid of that 'duplicate email body content' ? 

Thanks !

Are they twins ? Well, can afford either of them...Are they twins ? Well, can afford either of them...

Repetitive content as per your screenshot.png

Hi @Anonymous,

If you want to get rid of that "Duplicate email body content" within the Approval email sent via the "Send email with options" action, please set the Use only HTML message field to Yes within the "Send email with options" action as below:16.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to remove/delete the 'Date Created' option within your approval email sent via the "Start an approval" action?

Further, do you want to convert the GMT time into your local time?

If you want to remove/delete the 'Date Created' option within your approval email sent via the "Start an approval" action, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. 

In addition, when working datetimes in Microsoft Flow, the datetimes would be converted into a Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) (or GMT) automatically. If you want to convert the GMT time within your Approval email into your Local time, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like above features to be added into Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, as a alternative solution, you could take a try to add a "Send email with options" action of Office 365 Outlook connector within your flow to send the Approval email. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:7.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:8.JPG

More details about the "Send email with options" action of Office 365 Outlook connector, please check the following blog:

https://syscloudpro.com/2018/02/08/microsoft-flow-approval-email-send-with-options/

Best regards,

Kris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kris,

Thanks for taking out the time to reply on this post and providing an alternative to the same. I tried your way of sending emails; one initial concern is the 'Email Body is appearing twice', which isn't looking good at all (Your previous screesnhot also shows the same).

Can we get rid of that 'duplicate email body content' ? 

Thanks !

Are they twins ? Well, can afford either of them...Are they twins ? Well, can afford either of them...

Repetitive content as per your screenshot.png

Hi @Anonymous,

If you want to get rid of that "Duplicate email body content" within the Approval email sent via the "Send email with options" action, please set the Use only HTML message field to Yes within the "Send email with options" action as below:16.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kris,

Thanks a lot for the valuable inputs; both of your 'Send email' and 'Duplicacy resolution' answers worked like a charm !

However, one big issue is that the users in the 'To' mailing list are only getting emails in their inboxes and not receiving anything/notification under 'APPROVALS' section in the 'Flow Android App' when using this 'Send Email With' approach as compared to the previous 'Start An Approval' approach; in the latter approach the 'Assigned To' users received notifications in their 'Approvals' section in their Flow Mobile App, which was way easier to follow at one common point (Flow App) than visiting all their email IDs and checking each new message.

I think there must be something which can help in sending out the notifications in the Flow App; can you help please ?

Thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (65,105)