cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juracana
Level: Powered On

Rename 1 email attachment as other attached item in message

Hi everyone, 

I have the following problem, I am being able to save attachments in a sharepoint folder (the easy part). However now in the same email are attached 2 files with the following name (examples):

File 1: John Doe - Certificate 

File 2: Summary (the name of this file is always Summary)

I need to save file 2 as "Summary +  File 1 name" so the final result for file 2 is going to be: Summary John Doe Certificate. So In my sharepoint folder I will need to save the following 2 PDF files: 

File 1: John Doe - Certificate

File 2: Summary John Doe - Certificate

Need your help on this, thank you so much. this is the end of my flow so far>

flow2.PNG

flow.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Rename 1 email attachment as other attached item in message

To figure out which file is the one you should rename, you would add a condition to Flow and compare the file name to includes Summary.

For the second file you should create a Concat expression to append the full file name of File 1 to File 2 upon it's creation, while putting Summary in front of it.

To do this, instead of saving the 2nd attachment directly, use the Get attachment content action and then the Create file action, and in the File Name entry box, you would put your Concat expression as the file name. Example: ConcatFileName.png

concat(split(triggerBody()?['Summary {FilenameWithExtension}'))

NOTE: The above is an exampe, your Concat expression would contain the word Summary and the File name and path for File 1.

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

juracana

Hi, Please check my post I already put an image of my flow. thank you so much. 

juracana

HI @Brad_Groux  I already update my post with the screen from the flow, could please provide more detail on your answer, thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 344 members 6,242 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: