I'm trying to automate a process we currently have for our business.
We receive a lot of PDFs from clients (via email) and we then have to rename them based on their contents:
- File contains a [ClientID] (this is generated by them and always stays the same)
- We cross reference that identifier with our own internal unique identifier [InternalD] (this changes based on type/date of order etc)
- Currently a user looks up the [ClientID] on a spreadhseet and therefore knows the [InternalID]
- The file is renamed to [InternalD].PDF
- The user also reads the pdf for to determine if its a full or partial order received.
- The file is renamed to [InternalID] [Full].pdf or [InternalID] [Partial].pdf
So to automate it would need to :
- Read and pull the [ClientID] from the .PDF (this is easy to identify on the document as it follows the words "Client ID" as is always the the same format (10 digit number)
- Search the excel file to see if it can find [ClientID] [in column A)
- If it find it, it pulls the [InternalID] (from column B) and renames the file accordingly.
- If possible, it also reads the file for certain phrases (full or partial) and then appends that to the filename
I'm not sure if this is possible.
Any advise would be appreciated, thanks in advance !
The parser connector or Azure cognitive services may be able to help with this onehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/parserr/
There's a few actions in the Encodian connector which may help?
EXTRACT TEXT FROM REGIONS - There is a useful guide on the community blog: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Extract-data-from-documents-with-M...
GET PDF TEXT LAYER - https://support.encodian.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015539373-Get-PDF-Text-Layer
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.