Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
concjames
Helper I
Helper I

Repeating section at Word file from Excel

Hello Everyone,

I have an excel file and word file template. My excel files have all the required fields with several rows. But actually I dun know how to repeat the following sections in word template by input those values from several rows in excel. 

concjames_0-1626951657885.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @concjames 

I've just done a video to demonstrate this as I think it is easier to show than tell 😉 you could of course use a select action to build the array that you use for your repeating control.

https://youtu.be/lBXSsEIlWok

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @concjames 

Do you have access to the premium word connector?  You should be able to use the repeating control from the dev options of word.  You insert your text controls and then wrap the repeating control around it.  Then when you use the premium word connector,  you can provide the action with an array of values for the repeating control.

DamoBird365_0-1626975579281.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

thanks so much. I do have the premium word connector. How to manage the action with an array of values for the repeating control?

Hi @concjames 

I've just done a video to demonstrate this as I think it is easier to show than tell 😉 you could of course use a select action to build the array that you use for your repeating control.

https://youtu.be/lBXSsEIlWok

Cheers,
Damien

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,569)