cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Replace "When a File is created (Properties only)" action to "When a File is created or modified (Properties only)" action without changing the Microsoft Flow

I have a requirement on Microsoft Flow. This requirement explains when a file will create or modify in SharePoint List, then the flow will trigger and will do the rest process.

Instead of "When a file is created or modified (Properties only)" action, I have used "When a file is created (properties only)" action which will not affect when the list item will modify.

As I am new to Microsoft flow, So how I can replace this "When a file is created or modified (Properties only)" action instead of "When a file is created (properties only)" action without changing this flow.

flow screen.png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Replace "When a File is created (Properties only)" action to "When a File is created or modified (Properties only)" action without changing the Microsoft Flow

Hi @Preetish ,

If the new file creation and the file are changed, there is no effect on the execution of the subsequent action, then you can directly replace the trigger.

If there is an impact, you could use Created and Modified to determine if the current Flow is triggered because the new file was created or the file was changed.

As shown in the figure below, if Created is equal to Modified, the current file is newly created, then you only need to configure the action that needs to be executed when creating a new file in If yes branch.

Conversely, if Created is not equal to Modified, the current file is changed. You could configure the action to be executed in this case in the If no branch.

Image reference:23.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,995)