Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edgar3tres
Helper II
Helper II

Replacing {Text} with sharepoint list values

Hi,

I have a HTML doc that will get converted into PDF, and there's something I can't figure out!

so the Html has

Date: {Date}

Name: {Name}

and I need to replace the fields that have {text} with the new created items on a sharepoint list, how can I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ...

I am not sure where you are getting {Date} from in the format. But you can do whatever you want, compose holds countless lines if you want it to. I have separated mine above with various html tags. This outputs an HTML file that I format and save to PDF.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AlanPs1
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @edgar3tres 

I have hsd some success doing this from lists.

How are you generating the HTML, is it from within the Flow?

Can you post a pick of your Flow and some detail and we'll be beterr placed to advise.

Thanks, Alan

Proud to be a Flownaut!

So I have a HTML on a sharepoint folder, and I am replacing every single {Text} that i need indivually using a Compose action, and then it creates a new html with everything replaced, but is not ideal for a lot of data!

composecomposecreate new HTML and convert to PDFcreate new HTML and convert to PDFwhen Item is createdwhen Item is created

Hi @edgar3tres 

I am going to put a detailed post out on this next week, but below is a snip of how I go about it. yours does look similar.Capture-325.png

I add all my dynamic values to the composes.

They all look something like this:Capture-326.png

referencing image 1 I pull each compose in and place within a div. I have seperate compose at the top that I use to house all the CSS.

Does that help at all?

Thanks, Alan

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@AlanPs1 Can I do multiple lines in Compose?

Like this one below that I'm using to replace the fields

replace(body('Get_file_content_-_html'),'{Date}',body('Get_item_-_Balancing')?['Date'])

can I add more there? how do I separate them?

Hi ...

I am not sure where you are getting {Date} from in the format. But you can do whatever you want, compose holds countless lines if you want it to. I have separated mine above with various html tags. This outputs an HTML file that I format and save to PDF.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

I have the same question and would also like an answer.

The question is, in a compose action, how can you do multiple replacments of tokens in your document. To try and be clear. I would prefer not to have a Compose action for every singe replace that i want to do. Can I just have a single compose action that does multiple token replacements?

if so, what is the syntax? Do i separate with a comma?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,240)