cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Reply to Email ID

I created a flow that is triggered when a new SharePoint item is created.  It sends an approval email. 

Now, I'm creating another flow triggered if the SP item is modified.  Basically, if the user chooses to cancel the request before it can be approved -- I want the flow to "reply to the [approval email]" to cancel the request.   But, where do I get the Message ID of the [approval email] sent on another flow?

I thought of saving the message ID to my SP item to be retrieved by my 2nd flow but can't find the message ID to save. Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of this [Reply to email] action?

2017-04-07_0900.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Reply to Email ID

Hi Tamras,

The "Message ID" field of the "Reply to Email" ation should be filled with the corresponding email, but since the dynamic content showing on your screenshot only contains the fields from the "SharePoint - Reply to email" action and SharePoint list won't contain the email id, I'm afraid that this cannot be done if you do not have a email related action before the "Reply to Email" ation.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Tamras,

The "Message ID" field of the "Reply to Email" ation should be filled with the corresponding email, but since the dynamic content showing on your screenshot only contains the fields from the "SharePoint - Reply to email" action and SharePoint list won't contain the email id, I'm afraid that this cannot be done if you do not have a email related action before the "Reply to Email" ation.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Thanks Mona.  I thought as much but there should be a way to reference the email sent by the "approval email" if the requestor wishes to cancel it.  I can cc the requestor in the "approval email" but this will also allow them to click the approve button I guess.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,906)