cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charline74
Helper III
Helper III

Reponders Email : can they select only the beginning of the reponders email and then use it as a folder name ?

Charline74_0-1627560370206.png

Maybe with a formula substing ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Charline74 

Sure you can use the split function.

split(<INSERT HERE THE FIELD>,'@')?[0]

You're fetching everything before the @ sign, so we split by that character and then get the first element of the array.

Cheers
Manuel

------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?
Otherwise, reply to it, and the community will do its best to help you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Charline74 

Sure you can use the split function.

split(<INSERT HERE THE FIELD>,'@')?[0]

You're fetching everything before the @ sign, so we split by that character and then get the first element of the array.

Cheers
Manuel

If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?

Hi @manuelstgomes 

Thank you for your answer, but where should I put this formula? Because I tried this:

Charline74_0-1627565867026.png

it didn't work ?

manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Charline74 

Almost there. Remove the "Reponser's email" and press "Dynamic content". There you can select the value and your formula will be correct.

Cheers
Manuel

Yes it works !

Thank you very much for your help 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,173)