Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karlagb20
Helper III
Helper III

Requested By Email coming from creator of flow

Hi,

I'm making a vacation approval request and the request email comes in from me instead of microsoft. How do I change that on the flow?This is the request email I receiveThis is the request email I receive

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@karlagb20 

I had this issue and the only way to not have this happen was to have a separate account.

This could be for example 'noreplyflow'

then the emails would be from noreplyflow@blah.com

it is good practice to have accounts to build separate from users incase the builder leaves.

HTH

Gary

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Hi @karlagb20, unfortunately you can't change that. As the creator of the flow the email will come from you if it's a Send an email (v2) or Send an email with options action. It wou;lf have to be a Send an email notification (v3) to come from Microsoft, but then you don't have the options buttons.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@karlagb20 

I had this issue and the only way to not have this happen was to have a separate account.

This could be for example 'noreplyflow'

then the emails would be from noreplyflow@blah.com

it is good practice to have accounts to build separate from users incase the builder leaves.

HTH

Gary

View solution in original post

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karlagb20,

Actually, if you do not configure the requestor of Approval, the requestor will be set as the Approval connection owner.

But if you append an email address into the requestor, the email will be created by you, but the requestor will the email address owner. If you want to change the vacation requestor as others, you could refer to the following screenshots:Annotation 2019-11-27 153111.png

Annotation 2019-11-27 153045.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karlagb20 

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

hi @v-litu-msft , 

I have tested this. its still not right that developer of the flow is shown in the second line as Created by. 

The creator of the flow is not the requester and its confusing to the approval person. 

What happens if the creator of the flow resigns or moves onto a different unit? Can the created by line be replaced else this is a major flaw. 

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (81,974)