cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KyleJ
Helper II
Helper II

Respond to Power Apps with Limited Concurrency Flow

I am attempting to create a workflow that contains multiple different actions, which are all being triggered via various buttons in a powerapps, that all pass in a variable that is used in determining the outcome of a switch statement inside a flow. 

This flow is limited to a single instance (qued flow) because every time a flow is executed, I need to ensure qued flows are held until the first flow makes all changes. concurrent flows can break my process. 

for one portion, I need to know (In powerapps) once the flow has finished running. It should be within a couple seconds every time. 

I have set a variable in powerapps to the Run function. Example: Set(myVar,Run(...))

In Power AUtomate, i have used the "Respond to a Power App or Flow" Action. 
I added an output
I selected Yes/No (Because I am using a boolean, that will trigger a refresh inside powerapps once the flow completes, if true) 
and for testing, I simple used true.

When saving the flow, i am prevented from saving with FULL error code: 
Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Flow client error returned with status code "BadRequest" and details "{"error":{"code":"InvalidOpenApiFlow","message":"Flow save failed with code 'InvalidConcurrencyConfiguration' and message 'The concurrency configuration of workflow trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' at line '1' and column '679' is not valid. The concurrency control is not supported when the workflow contains actions of type 'response' without the operationOptions flag set to 'asynchronous'.'."}}". Code: 0x80060467 InnerError: '.

I believe this is telling me I simply cannot reply to a Powerapp once the flow has been limited to 1 instance, qued. 
I don't understand why it would be able to respond. I can see that it some cases a user might be waiting, But I believe it's up to the developer to understand and work with that.

My flow should not be taking more than a second or two to run.
I need limited instances - I need 1 flow to complete before beginning the next. 
I need to respond to the powerapps trigger and let the user know of the completion. 

1 REPLY 1
PowerO365Guy
Helper II
Helper II

@KyleJ  were you able to get the workaround. i have similar requirement but limited concurrency is set to 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (15,233)