cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abedne

Response Form Wont Send to Correct Email

Hello Everyone!

I recently began a new position and took over some automated processes. One such process consists of individuals filling out a form with the form being sent via Power Automate to the person indicated. Once that is done, the receiver gives an approval response (yes/no/not applicable) via another form, and I get an email notification that the form has been filled out so I can track approvals. I've gone through and updated everything to my email and it says under each power automate form that I am the only connection but for some reason, my predecessor is still getting the notifications that a new response has been submitted.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jronash
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm not sure how to do that, to be honest.  I know you can move a Form to a group, but I'm not sure if you can transfer ownership to another individual.  Microsoft Forms has some pretty big functionality gaps in this area.

Also, I don't think that moving a form to a group would break the connection to Power Automate, but I can't promise that it wouldn't.  It may be easier to modify one of the flows that triggers when a new submission comes in and add another notification step to the flow to send something to your inbox.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jronash
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power Automate can be used to send notifications for form submissions, but those notifications can also be set on the form itself.  Are you using Microsoft Forms for this?  Who owns the form?  Could you or they check the form settings and see if it's set to send them notifications upon submission?

abedne

I am using microsoft forms, and it is checked. For reference: 

abedne_0-1658865907967.png

Jronash
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Are you the owner of that form, or was it just shared with you?  I think form notifications only go to the owner.  To check what you are, go to the Collaborate or Duplicate section.

abedne

It doesn't look like I am. Can you tell me the steps for doing that so I can request that the previous owner change my status to owner?

Jronash
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm not sure how to do that, to be honest.  I know you can move a Form to a group, but I'm not sure if you can transfer ownership to another individual.  Microsoft Forms has some pretty big functionality gaps in this area.

Also, I don't think that moving a form to a group would break the connection to Power Automate, but I can't promise that it wouldn't.  It may be easier to modify one of the flows that triggers when a new submission comes in and add another notification step to the flow to send something to your inbox.

abedne

Interesting! Thank you! I will give it a go.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,537)