cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djccwl
Frequent Visitor

Round a number to whole number

Hi Everyone,

I have a flow that is taking data from a table column in excel that is calculated from two others (essential working out an NPS score). When I attempt to include this data in an email its using the format like 00.0123456789. How do i convert that so that it is just a whole number? I have searched and searched and just cannot find a solution. Any helps appreciated 🙂 

Cheers

Dave

9 REPLIES 9
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Djccwl 

Unfortunately, Power automate  does not yet include a round() expression.  I suggest adding a column to the Excel table and use Excel expressions to do the rounding - you can hide the column if you want.  Then, have Flow retrieve the rounded column for the email.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hey @ScottShearer 

The value in excel is already rounded up:

Column3

to 0 decimals but it still converts to 

But in the email it still does this: 

• NPS is: 64.1509433962264

@Djccwl 

The number in Excel is just formatted to show a whole number - the actual value is still a decimal.  See my example below using the roundup() expression on Excel..  Add a column, use roundup() and refer to it in Flow.

image.png

Scott

Ah yea so it works to add the data into a random cell but not into a cell that is part of a table. In the table it just doesn’t seem to work. And then there’s no way of pulling the data from the cell outside the table (unless I’m missing something) 

@Djccwl 

While I did not explicitly state it, my suggestion is to add the additional column with the roundup() expression immediately next to an existing column.  If you do so, the new column will automatically become part of the table.  If it isn't automatically added, you can extend the table to include it.  Once it is in the table, you can reference it in your Flow.

Scott

E1F97EFB-46C8-41AC-98D2-98AFDEEAED7C.jpeg

Hi @ScottShearer 

that’s what I did and it didn’t apply the formula 

@Djccwl 

Take a look at this - it may help.

Scott

I know how to add a column... as you can see in the screenshot above I’ve added it, added the formula and the formula in “column 4” isn’t working.... 

@Djccwl 

Ty referencing the cell directly (by row and column) rather than using the @ operator. 

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,715)