Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seamus1982
Level: Powered On

Run Flow Action - Elevated Permissions

Hi, 

I hope you are well. 

I was wondering if it is possible to run an action in Flow under elevated permissions? I have a SharePoint list which users will not have access to but I want a flow to be able to add an item to the list. 

Best regards, 

Seamus

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Run Flow Action - Elevated Permissions

Hi @seamus1982 you can either use a combination of Add-in permissions and REST to do this.

The easier way is to have a service account which has permissions to access it. Then change the connection of any actions which need to interact with it.

If you have found this post useful, please give it a thumbs up. If it has answered your question, please accept it as the solution so others can benefit.

@MattWeston365

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

Super User
Super User

@seamus1982 :

Flow uses the connection associated with the action.  So, if you created the Flow it is likely using your connection.  If you have permissions to the second list then the Flow will run just fine.

If you have a situation where your end users are using copies of your Flow, then your users will need to supply their own connection info when they import the Flow.  If they don't have permissions to the second list, the Flow will fail and you'll need to explore alternative solutions as suggested by @MattWeston365 .

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @seamus1982 ,

About work with list items by using http request can refer to this document: #working-with-list-items-by-using-rest.

This blog is referring to SharePoint REST API URL for accessing List items, documents, assign permission in list, document libraries, Search and user profile property:

https://gnanasivamgunasekaran.wordpress.com/2016/06/10/sharepoint-rest-api-url-for-accessing-working...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 301 members 6,389 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: