Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Run Flow Question

Hello ,

I am using a simple 3 field powerapp button flow that should create an item in a SP list.  I have 3 columns in SP. Title required and 

Message( single line of text ) not required and Person column not required.

When I run the powerapp using Flow with values it works well  but it errors out when blank values are passed to the person field ? What can be done so that the flow can run successfully even with blank values. I do not understand why it is failing when the datasource columns are set to not required.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Run Flow Question

Hey,

You can create items directly from powerapps no need for flow

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

THank you 

yes I know it is possible to use the patch command but I wanted to know how you create an item in a SharePoint List if the person field is not required ( passing a null value)

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

What if you put a condition in that checks if the value passed is null, if so do not pass the value into the create item action.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks,

I will try that but is this a bug not being able to pass a null value to a non-required field person ?

If yes, can you send me a link to a MS article that describes it ?

@bsimon wrote:

THank you 

yes I know it is possible to use the patch command but I wanted to know how you create an item in a SharePoint List if the person field is not required ( passing a null value)

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

its either expecting no value, or the correct value, so you will need to program your flow to match 🙂

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Yes,

I am not sure where would be the best place to add an expression ? What do you suggest ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,672)