Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Run Flow Question

Hello ,

I am using a simple 3 field powerapp button flow that should create an item in a SP list.  I have 3 columns in SP. Title required and 

Message( single line of text ) not required and Person column not required.

When I run the powerapp using Flow with values it works well  but it errors out when blank values are passed to the person field ? What can be done so that the flow can run successfully even with blank values. I do not understand why it is failing when the datasource columns are set to not required.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hey,

You can create items directly from powerapps no need for flow

Highlighted

THank you 

yes I know it is possible to use the patch command but I wanted to know how you create an item in a SharePoint List if the person field is not required ( passing a null value)

Highlighted

What if you put a condition in that checks if the value passed is null, if so do not pass the value into the create item action.

Highlighted

Thanks,

I will try that but is this a bug not being able to pass a null value to a non-required field person ?

If yes, can you send me a link to a MS article that describes it ?

@bsimon wrote:

THank you 

yes I know it is possible to use the patch command but I wanted to know how you create an item in a SharePoint List if the person field is not required ( passing a null value)

Highlighted

its either expecting no value, or the correct value, so you will need to program your flow to match 🙂

Highlighted

Yes,

I am not sure where would be the best place to add an expression ? What do you suggest ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (7,894)