cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLG
Regular Visitor

Run Flows at a company wide level, future possibilities?

Right now, to create a flow, specifically utilizing office 365, each user has to log in and set up their flow. Will the ability to create a flow on an admin level to be ran accross an entire organization be available in the future, specifically the near future?

An example would be that I would like to set up a flow to sync outlook contacts to a SQL server. I want to be able to run this for all users in my organization (around 50 users). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CLG ,

Let’s say you are the creator and owner of the flow, you create the flow and then share it with members within the organization. Then the flow will be listed on the Team flows tab on Microsoft Flow.

There is no need for shared users to create or set up of the flows, once you’ve shared the flow with them, they will be able to run the flow from their side.

Further, you can add SharePoint lists as co-owners to a flow so that everyone who has edit access to the list automatically gets edit access to the flow if your flow is based on SharePoint.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/april18/microsoft-flow/sharepoi...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CLG ,

Do you want all users in the organization could run the flow created by specific user?

Please consider creating a team flow by adding others in your organization as owners. All owners of a team can run the flow, view the flow’s history, add and remove other owners, etc.

Please check the following doc and take a try with it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/create-team-flows

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yamao-msft 

Ideally no. We don't want our employees to have to deal with the creation or set up of Flows. The majority of our employees are salesmen who are out in the field and very rarely even sit by a computer. We are looking for a way to set up flows that can run across all of our o365 users without them each having to manually set up their own flow. 

Hi @CLG ,

Let’s say you are the creator and owner of the flow, you create the flow and then share it with members within the organization. Then the flow will be listed on the Team flows tab on Microsoft Flow.

There is no need for shared users to create or set up of the flows, once you’ve shared the flow with them, they will be able to run the flow from their side.

Further, you can add SharePoint lists as co-owners to a flow so that everyone who has edit access to the list automatically gets edit access to the flow if your flow is based on SharePoint.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/april18/microsoft-flow/sharepoi...

Best regards,

Mabel

the issue is with the connection credentials. 

Let's say I want every person in the company to receive a notification every time their bosses sends him an email. 

if we share the template flow than every user will receive a notification every time I receive an email from my boss. right ? 

Thank you 

Hi @v-yamao-msft 

Your solution isn't really an option.  Take the very simple Save attachments to OneDrive flow. I want to just enable this for all my users however if I use your method of sharing this with them all then everybody has access to my email and onedrive - see permissions granted below!!  That is simply not something I could allow.

Office 365 Outlook

Owners with access to this connection can:
  • Read your user profile
  • Read, update, and delete your mails
  • Send mail as signed in user (you)
  • Create, read, update, and delete events
  • Create, read, update, and delete contacts

OneDrive for Business
Owners with access to this connection can:
  • Read your user profile
  • Create, read, update, and delete files

And then there is the fact that they would also be able to edit the flow, which leads to potential errors if and when they decide to play around with flows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,641)