Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muges01
Helper II
Helper II

Run excel script throw an error when uploading multiple document at a time

Hi, 

I'm trying run the 'Run excel script preview' action dynamically on newly created file but i'm getting and error '.... Please try again later...' when I try to upload multiple files at a time.

Example, if i drag and drop 3 file into the SharePoint library, the first file will be successfully executed by 'Run excel script preview' action but the remaining 2 files will throw an error.

Is there way to prevent this from happening or set the action to retry again?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Yutao
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @muges01 ,

Is this still happening? Could you please share the "clientRequestId" from the error details? Feel free to share multiple of them if there were several failures.

Thanks!

Yutao

Hi @Yutao ,

I'm not getting the error now. Is it something been fix recently?

I'll try again in few more days and get back to you on the outcome.

Thank you very much.

Do you know when the 'Run Script' action will go to GA?

Hey @muges01 ,

Thanks for trying out Office Scripts! Sorry we don't have a timeline to share about the GA release yet. We're still doing a bunch of stabilization work at the moment. So any feedback or bug reports would be super helpful!

Yutao

Hi @Yutao , 

I haven't get any errors yet but i have more test for next week. I'll keep you posted on this. 

Hi @Yutao 

There is no error anymore when uploading multiple file.

I have added the run excel script inside a try catch scope. I'm catching any error and update the excel file metadata status to be failed, but I couldn't set the metadata because the file is locked when the error is due to the script. e.g. A3 contain a number instead of string

let summaryValue = currentWorksheet.getRange("A3").getValues();
let sArray = summaryValue.split('-');

I have try to wait 3 minute but still the lock is not released. Is there a way to update the medatada of the file?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,000)