cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MS_Sol
Level: Powered On

Run powershell script, runbook, or other process that imports a CSV file to an automation variable

I have a powershell Script that logs into Azure, imports a csv file, converts it to JSON and imports it into an automation variable.  I have the file in a flow from being posted to a SharePoint list, but am trying to figure out the best way to do the rest with flow

I dont see any any actions to run a powershell script or convert a CSV to JSON.  The only thing I can think of is to save the file to Azure storage and call a runbook which gets it from there.  Is there another way?

I also find the SharePoint trigger a pain because it goes off every time the item is saved in the list, even if the attachment is already been there and something else is being updated.  I have a work around, but needless to say I am open to other options for getting the CSV into the Flow process.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Run powershell script, runbook, or other process that imports a CSV file to an automation variab

Hi @MS_Sol,

There is no any way to run a powershell script or convert a CSV to JSON in microsoft flow currently.

I afraid that it is difficult to achieve your needs in microsoft flow.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Run powershell script, runbook, or other process that imports a CSV file to an automation variab

Hello, @MS_Sol!

If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum then you need to post the URL to your idea’s thread as a reply to this thread and then "Accept as Solution" on that reply so other users may vote for your Flow Idea and identify the information easily.

Thank You!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,432)