Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jadenkim
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

SAP Automation Unexpected Internal Error

Hello community,

Our team tried to automate 'Call SAP function,' then we got an error which is unexpected internal error and suggesting to contact Microsoft support for assistance. 

We tried a few more attempts, and they were ended successfully. However the error is still raised sometimes. 

Have anyone had the same error like the one below?

If you have, then can you tell us how you solved the error and why the error occurred?

jadenkim_0-1636019768056.png

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "Unable to invoke function ZSTFI_WEB01_0001_001. Details Session '1a02a7cf-b0ce-4fd4-9a31-fad55f21016b' could not be activated because session '1bc64b51-0ec0-4c73-b4c3-22ba6d103fb4' was already active for the current thread. This is an unexpected internal error. Contact Microsoft support for assistance..",
  "error": {
    "message": "Unable to invoke function ZSTFI_WEB01_0001_001. Details Session '1a02a7cf-b0ce-4fd4-9a31-fad55f21016b' could not be activated because session '1bc64b51-0ec0-4c73-b4c3-22ba6d103fb4' was already active for the current thread. This is an unexpected internal error. Contact Microsoft support for assistance.."
  },
  "source": "saperp-ea.azconn-ea.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
SinanIoannidis
Regular Visitor

Dear Jandekim,

we are facing the same issues, restarting the gateway temporarly resolves the issue for us.

We are currently in contact with microsoft to find a solution.

Best regards,

Sinan

jadenkim
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Dear @SinanIoannidis ,

thank you for your reply.

we did restart the gateway but same error occurred after running several times.

we contacted the MS and received an answer. they said that update the gateway latest version.

But I don't think it's been completely resolved.

Best regards,

Jaden

SinanIoannidis
Regular Visitor

Dear @jadenkim ,

we have updated the gateway to the latest version (october) but it did not solve the issue.

If i recieve any updates i will keep you posted.

Best regards,

Sinan

jadenkim
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Dear @SinanIoannidis ,

thank you. i will do it as well.

Best regards,

jaden

SinanIoannidis
Regular Visitor

Dear @jadenkim,

we had a call with microsoft on friday, where we looked deeper into this topic. It looks like this issue is caused by hanging session(s). That would at least explain, why after a restart, or after some time (which form my point of view currently varies quiet a bit) things are working again.
I will keep you posted about additional updates.

Best regards,
Sinan

nihassanali

Good day @SinanIoannidis ,

Do you know if these sessions are on the Microsoft end or sessions invoked in SAP system? I am facing the same challenge. Thanks.

Nicholas

SinanIoannidis
Regular Visitor

Good day @nihassanali ,

from my understanding these sessions are on the microsoft side. Also the Microsoft team is currently actively investigating, so i hope to have some feedback soon.

Best regards,

Sinan

jadenkim
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi @SinanIoannidis 
It's been a month since I posted an issue. I send and receive emails with the MS support team several times a day.
But it's still going on.

Fortunately, it doesn't happen in a PRD environment.
once i get some feedback, i will post again.
Best regards,
Jaden

SinanIoannidis
Regular Visitor

Hi @jadenkim 

same for us. Regardless we have scheduled a daily restart of the gateway as a workaround and since then the solution has been running more stable.

Best regards,

Sinan

SinanIoannidis
Regular Visitor

Dear All,

we recieved feedback from MS that we should update the gateway to the latest version. Regardless the issue has not occured since end of december. 

@jadenkim Is the issue reproducable on your side?

Thanks and best regards,

Sinan

jadenkim
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@SinanIoannidis  

thank you for updates.

it's very nice to us.

we had stopped the process due to this error. and we developed it another way.

i will check and get back to you.

thank you.

SinanIoannidis
Regular Visitor

@jadenkim just FYI, since we were not able to reproduce this issue, we decided to close the MC ticket after the gateway update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,225)