Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gorilla_8
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

SEND AN EMAIL WITH TEXT WITHIN THE POWERAPPS AND SELECTED DATE

Hey guys,

I have a powerapps, where I select the users I want to send the emails to, however I want to write and select a date on that email

within the powerapps and send it by email, is it possible?

My flow:

part1flow.pngpart2flow.png

An on my powerapps:

flow no powerapps.png

And the fields I want to put inside the email:

emai.png

Note: my email works by selecting users, but I just want to see how I can insert a specific date and text

5 REPLIES 5
CFernandes
Super User III
Super User III

My solution 🙂 

Power Apps

CFernandes_0-1597160476679.png

Power Automate:

CFernandes_1-1597160541268.png

Initialize the two variable when in your Power Automate.

On the Power Apps Button, OnSelect set the formula

PowerAppsBasicDemo.Run(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,TextInput2.Text)

CFernandes_2-1597160709643.png

Run your PowerApps and you will see an email in your inbox with Text and Date.

CFernandes_3-1597160792428.png

I hope it helps.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @CFernandes 

thanks for the reply, I put this on my side:

button.png

And I tried on my flow with this:

flow°.png

And if I choose any of these:

• Ask in PowerApps

OR

• Initializevariable_Value

I have an error in the flow:

error.png

Hi @Gorilla_8 

You need to choose "Ask in Power Apps' when you 'Initialize variable' action in Power Automate for both the actions(screenshot below). This will help you pass the variables when you associate\add the Power Automate in Power Apps.

CFernandes_0-1597161930569.png

Then pass both DatePicker1.SelectedDate and TextInput2.Text.

Your Formula is also a bit complicated, so just follow use my simple formula or just create a new Power Automate(for testing)

PowerAppsBasicDemo.Run(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,TextInput2.Text)

If all is still confusing just follow the blog(it uses the same technique) https://blog.muhimbi.com/2017/08/convert-powerapps-data-to-pdf.html

I hope it helps.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

This way works, but I need to get all the user and the date and text on fields.

This post I explain: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/My-email-sending-doesn-t-work-properly/m-p/6...

@Gorilla_8 I have worked on solution very similar to your requirement which uses Power Apps JSON functions you might want to have a look at my blog https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2019/08/08/convert-all-images-from-powerapps-gallery-control-t... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (35,557)