cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
npettijohn
Level: Powered On

SFTP Trigger Ignoring New Files with Old Modified Dates

When I upload old files from my local machine to the SFTP server, the Modified Date for each file is preserved, not updated, on the SFTP server.  These files are ignored by the SFTP trigger "When Files Are Added of Modified" and are not copied to SharePoint the way fresher files are.

I need every file I drop on the SFTP server to relaibly replicate to the SharePoint library.  What am I missing?

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
npettijohn

Re: SFTP Trigger Ignoring New Files with Old Modified Dates

Hi, Alice.  Thank you for responding. 

A different approach resolved my issue:  rather than detecting the file by date in my trigger, I added an Interval trigger, set to e.g. Daily, and then used an SFTP - List Files action after to act on all files in the SFTP folder.  After the List action, we use a SharePoint - Create File action, and finally an SFTP - Delete File action.

This solution was provided to me by Microsoft Flow Support.  Very elegant.  Now, the only remaining question is, when I use this method to copy 6000 55 KB PDFs from SFTP to SPO, the rate is only 8 files per minutes, under Flow Plan 2 trial -- is that rate the best we can expect?

Nick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ npettijohn,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?Do you mean the flow with trigger When a file is added or modified wouldnt run when you add a new file with old modified dates in the SFTP server? Please share more details about your scenario, so we could try to help you.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

npettijohn

Hi, Alice.  Thank you for responding. 

A different approach resolved my issue:  rather than detecting the file by date in my trigger, I added an Interval trigger, set to e.g. Daily, and then used an SFTP - List Files action after to act on all files in the SFTP folder.  After the List action, we use a SharePoint - Create File action, and finally an SFTP - Delete File action.

This solution was provided to me by Microsoft Flow Support.  Very elegant.  Now, the only remaining question is, when I use this method to copy 6000 55 KB PDFs from SFTP to SPO, the rate is only 8 files per minutes, under Flow Plan 2 trial -- is that rate the best we can expect?

Nick

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,496)