Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neill_long
Resolver I
Resolver I

SP Choice selections to display in new lines

Hello,

I have a flow attached to a SP list and the goal is to send an email with the info user has submitted to the SP list.  One of the fields is a choice field which allows multiple selections.

In the email, i would like the items user has selected in the choices field to display on new lines rather than separated by a comma.

Is that possible?

here is a snip of part of the flow so you can see how it is currently set up:

neill_long_0-1632317813229.png

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@neill_long  Then add tag <br> in append to string. So that when it comes to html it will treat as new line.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@neill_long  Please press enter keyword twice after Value field in append to string variable action.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15  so that does do what i was asking and adds a line, but the issue, which i never made clear, is that when it comes through on email, it displays in a single line.

the email has html on it which is probably causing the issue.  Is this something that i wont be able to fix or can you suggest anything that may resolve that?

thanks

@neill_long  Please share your email screen with flow steps.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15 

After the compose step, i have more initialize variables similar to the above then goes to a condition:

neill_long_1-1632389479197.png

Then if condition is true, this is the email set up I have:

neill_long_0-1632389390120.png

The items are in a table and the choice fields are the LDR Sessions.

@neill_long  Pls share your email action output after running flow. This will help me to visualize your problem clearly.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15 my bad sorry here is the email that is sent:

neill_long_0-1632390748619.png

@neill_long  So you want LDR choices come in New lines. Can you share Compose which you are using for LDR.

Hardesh15_0-1632391723831.png

Also have you given two enter in Append string?

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15 the text is quite long for the choices, it is the full we can deliver....to suit your student's needs,

then next line would show deliver bespoke ms teams.....

I have done another test to hopefully show it better.  Pressed enter twice after the LDR Value in append string.  The Compose displays:

neill_long_0-1632392404229.png

However, the email, displays it like this:

neill_long_1-1632392446358.png

The compose for the LDR, I have the following formula:

skip(variables('varChoiceLDR'),1)

neill_long_2-1632392510874.png

@neill_long  Then add tag <br> in append to string. So that when it comes to html it will treat as new line.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

View solution in original post

neill_long
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Hardesh15 thank you, something simple in the end to fix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,857)