Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

SP List to Excel: date issue & junk data

Hi,

I have a problem with a simple flow.  It's set up to add a new row in an excel table when a new item is added to a sharepoint list (through a powerapp).  For some reason it inserts the date to excel in a format excel can't interpret and also inserts a whole lot of junk data in the details column of the spreadsheet (see screenshots of flow and spreadsheet below). I'm pretty new at this, so any ideas would be super appreciated!  Thanks.

QSE SpreadsheetQSE Flow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: SP List to Excel: date issue & junk data

Hi @Cym 

This is beacuse of the formatting of the columns on your sharepoint. For the date the easy fix is use this expression for the created field of excel instead of directly selecting the Created option from the dyamic selector :

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['Created'],'dd/MM/yyyy')

What is the datatype of the column dexcription in your SP list? You can use the Html to text converter action and then use the output of this action to populate the description in your excel sheettets.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Cym 

For some reason, the screenshots you attached are not displaying. Can you add the screenshots in the post body? 

Thanks, 

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

flow

Hi there, please see above.  Thanks so much for your help!

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey! Still the picture is missingnosss.png

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

oh, weird, can see it fine my side....

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

InkedQSE Flow_LI.jpgQSE Spreadsheet.PNG

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Cym 

This is beacuse of the formatting of the columns on your sharepoint. For the date the easy fix is use this expression for the created field of excel instead of directly selecting the Created option from the dyamic selector :

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['Created'],'dd/MM/yyyy')

What is the datatype of the column dexcription in your SP list? You can use the Html to text converter action and then use the output of this action to populate the description in your excel sheettets.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks so much for your help!  Sorry for tardy reply.  I'll give it a try and let you know if it works 🙂

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

excel date.JPGflow.JPG

hi there,

tried the formula for the date and it kind of works, but not quite (the 'mm' figure is weird).  This is the formula I put in the created date is:

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['Created'],'dd/mm/yy').

I have no idea what i'm doing, so have probably made a silly mistake somewhere....
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Cym 

mm gives you minutes for month you shoukd use 'MM'. did you try the HTML to text converter too?

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

hey there,

tried MM instead of mm, but it still doesn't seem to work?

The HTML converter totally worked and it looks great - Thankyou!!

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Cym 

Can you please post a screenshot of the MM value that you are getting? Also a screenshot of the flow!

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi there - see below the MM is weird - should be 24/06/19.   I have just checked, and i have changed the 'mm' to 'MM' several times and saved the flow, but everytime i go back into it, it has reverted to 'mm'.

flow3.JPGexcel date.JPG

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Figured out what i was doing wrong!  Thanks so much - It's fixed, I love you!

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Cym Glad it Worked!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,795)