cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgchavez1025
Frequent Visitor

SPO Send email with attachments when condition is met

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to create a workflow to send emails with attachments from SharePoint list when condition is met. I have followed the below post "to the T" but it seems to not be working for me.  I was wondering if there is a work arround for making this happend. 

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/multiple-attachments-single-email/

Any help is greatly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Hi @jgchavez1025 ,

Please share your flow and description of the problem you are experiencing. Is there an error message?

Ellis

jgchavez1025
Frequent Visitor

@ekarim2020 , Here are the error and flow screenshots. I tested it by removing the string variable from the attachments on the email and it worked, but of course I am trying to send the attachments as well. Thanks!

Error ScreenError ScreenFlowFlow

devendraVelegan
Helper I
Helper I

@jgchavez1025 : Try updating the content bytes property as per the article here https://www.portiva.nl/portiblog/2018/03/07/send-email-with-multiple-attachments-using-microsoft-flo... 

body('Get_file_content_-_from_filtered_attachments').$content

Thank you for sharing this. Unfortunately this didn’t work for me. 😞

devendraVelegan
Helper I
Helper I

@jgchavez1025 : What error are you getting when you try the $content option? Thanks.

The error message is asking for values for the To, Subject and Body. 

TEST: Try hard coding an email address,  subject text and some text into the body of the Send an email action and retest. Also check that the data columns from the trigger (When an item is modified) contain valid values and are not empty or bank.

Snag_8b5d111.png

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,282)