cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SQL Server to SQL Server Flow

At my company, our asset tracking team sends out a Word doc to each computer user that contains a computer model and serial number. If that computer is in the possession of the user, the employee indicates that it is in their possession, signs the document and sends it back to the coordinator. If it is not, the employee indicates that it is not in their possession.

We would like for the response and updates to be autmated via Flow if possible. It does not necessarily need to create a Word doc. The body of an email would suffice.

The preliminary data is loaded to a SQL Server table, and I am able to create emails based on this data. The tricky part is how do I (if it is possible) create yes/no buttons or links that would update the database depending on which one chosen. If I do a "send email with options", you can only send a maximum of 50 emails at a time ( in parallel I think is the proper term) We have 2000+ assets to  track, so this would not be very effective.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: SQL Server to SQL Server Flow

Hi @ToddAtLSUHSC ,

Sorry I can't understand your scenario clearly.

You send emails to the users based on the data in a SQL Server table.

Then you want to update the SQL Server table with the response from the users, right?

Could you please share an example of the response?

The response is a table or just string text in the email body?

Which field of the SQL Server table do you want to update?

I think we need more details to help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Re: SQL Server to SQL Server Flow

Probably the best option is to create an approval flow. The flow sends an approval to the user  with the question : "do you own the computer" <approve><reject>

If the user click "approve" then the document./email will be sent to the user

KInd regards

Serge Luca aka "Doctor Flow"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,286)