cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielSantos
Frequent Visitor

SQL - When an item is created not triggering

Hi,

I've a flow that should trigger when a new item in a table is created and call a store procedure. I had to build the flow like this because I'm using Powerapps and it doesn't support triggers in the database. My table, 'Colaborador', has 208 records and the flow only triggers when I use the Test option while I'm on edit mode. Has anyone encountered an issue likes this?

Capture10.JPG

Thank you,

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

There can be multiple reasons to it one being how the value is being inserted in the DB. Couple of questions so we can better guide you?

1) where is the SQL hsoted?

2) What actions are being performed before the data is inserted into table? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sql/#known-issues-and-limitations : When an item is created [DEPRECATED]/When an item is created (V2) triggers use latest inserted row's identity column value as a threshold(trigger state) in order to identify newly inserted rows later.The logic assumes every new row's identity has to be bigger than the previous one. Therefore, in case identity sequence is reset for a table due to explicit t-sql command or table truncation, trigger logic will skip new rows for existing flow.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

DanielSantos
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Rahber ,

1) I'm using Azure SQL and 2) the only action it's the insertion of a new row but I think that the problem it's related with what you've described about the new row's identity. I've created the flow once again and appears to be working now.

Thanks,

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (5,490)