cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL row gets modified - Update SharePoint list item with new data

I have a table in a SQL server. I have currently created a flow that will create a new SharePoint list item whenever a new row is added to the SQL table.

How do I create a flow that will modify the SharePoint list item when that row is modified in the SQL table?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SQL row gets modified - Update SharePoint list item with new data

Hi @Anonymous,

If you want to sync the modify item from SQL table to SharePoint list, please make sure there is column has the same value SQL table item with column value in the SharePoint list item.

For example, the SQL table and the SharePoint list would all have a Title column and will always has the same value, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuazh-msft Hello Alice, unfortunately, it did not work. Here is what I did.  Nothing happened.SQLSharePoint.jpg

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi, I had the same challenge and solved it within flow by updating all entrys ones a day. when an item is changed Flow will update the item in SharePoint, when there is a new item Flow will create it. For my purpose one run a day is okay. the downside of this is that one run takes an hour for only 50 rows. The SQL get Items is getting the items from a SQL view I created with "SQL Server Management Studio". For create I created another view (right part of the flow). I can't get the SQL triggers working due to the database is not in Azure, that's why i don't use it.

Flow.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,431)